Engraved Japanese Masu Hinoki Wood Sake Cup, Large
Our Japanese Hinoki Wood Sake Cups, masu, are perfect for serving sake because it gives a hint of wooden aroma. There are claims that Japanese Hinoki wood have a natural antibacterial properties which keeps food and drinks fresh. Our masu cups are handmade in Japan in the old fashion way using a traditional Japanese Joinery technique. They were originally designed to measure rice during the Feudal Period. Now they are used for ceremonial occasions, business celebrations, wedding, and important events. You can also use them as wedding favors by putting your favor treats inside. Restaurants in Japan will serve sake in a glass inside the wood sake cup and pour until it overflows. This represents friendship, prosperity, and wealth. See our glassware in this section to buy the perfect glass for your wood masu cup.
Personalize them by engraving them with a name, date, or phrase! Engrave up to 3 lines or personalize with your company logo (E-mail jpg, ai, gif, png or pdf to email@example.com after placing your order). Because the laser actually burns into the wood, your personalized message or logo will be forever on the wood.
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Hinoki, Japanese Cypress wood
- 3 1/4" square and 2" in height
- Inside measurements 2 3/8" square and 1 3/4" in height
- Holds approximately 4 oz
- Some orders may require customer approval prior to engraving to ensure accurate and correct design. Samples or mock-ups will be provided without charge if necessary. Custom orders can be created, please call for assistance.
- No additional charge for logos
Discount Pricing (quantity discounts are calculated in the Shopping Cart)
If you would like to have the opposite side also engraved, we can do so at no additional cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if desired.