Sake Set, San San Kudo
Made in Japan, this San San Kudo Sake Set (Tosoki Set) is an authentic lacquered plastic Japanese wedding ceremony sake set that comes complete with all items shown in the picture. This exquisite sake set consists of three flat cups, a sake pot on a round pedestal and an oval presentation tray. This red and dark brown lacquer sake set with gold edging makes a unique wedding gift and keepsake.
The sharing of sake is one of the oldest traditional Japanese wedding ceremonial customs and is still performed today. The couple takes three sips from each cup starting with the smallest cup and at the conclusion of the wedding ceremony, both families drink a cup of sake to signify, not only the union of the bride and groom, but the unity of two families. This beautiful Japanese wedding custom is called San San Ku Do, which means "three sets of three sips equals nine".
- Tray: 13 ½”L x 6 ¾”W x ¾”H
- Sake pot: 3 3/8” in diameter x 6 ½”H – holds 8 oz.
- Round pedestal: 4 7/8” in diameter x 1 ½”H
- Large red cup: 4 1/8” in diameter x 1 ¼”H– holds 2.5 oz.
- Medium red cup: 3 ½” in diameter x 1 1/8”H – holds 1.5 oz.
- Small red cup: 3 in diameter x 1"H - holds 1 oz.